Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's GREAT to be back!

I am so excited to be back!  I missed everyone SO MUCH!  I am proud to say I know everyone's names and we are back to business as usual!  Ms. Leach went home sick this morning so let' hope she feels better soon!

We began with math during which we conducted an experiment!  Probability was a main focus of today's class.  Please see our daily math workshop lesson page on the wiki for specifics.

After snack,  we began reader's workshop.  We read a chapter in Poppy and then discussed today's jot. Please have your child share their jot from today with you!  I focused on reminding them that jots should be complete sentences.  We also revisited the daily log and I provided examples of what should be written daily.

During writing workshop we continued strengthening our leads in our personal narrative stories.  I was able to begin a rotation of conferencing with students; it is so great to get one-on-one time with students!

After lunch and co-curriculars, we played a social studies review game to wrap up chapter three.  We ended our day with our battle "freebie" book.  We will start ending each day with a read aloud.

I am looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow at Halloween!  Please remember that NO COSTUMES SHOULD BE WORN TO SCHOOL.  Also, please avoid excessive/distracting make-up here at school.  The students will have about 10 minutes to change and prepare so please be sure costumes do not require any more preparation time than that.

Have a WONDERFUL evening!



Mrs. Mali